Saturday 30 June 2012

Works in Progress

We are busy here at Sew-Ichigo.  A tea cozy featuring the Tea Kettle from Kitchen classics has gone to Liberty to live in their cafe.   You can read more about this here.
The features prints from the new Liberty Lifestyle quilting cotton collection.  I am using more of these prints whilst I play around with  Penny's new button set for Sew-Ichigo.  This little cutie is called 'Plain Jane' and she is a lovely easy make!  
And whilst I sit and sew listening to the tennis at Wimbledon, I have just had a break for strawberries!  As you probably have read here before, "ichigo" is Japanese for strawberry so I couldn't resist a picture.

I did have a little shock moment today when I picked up Modern Quilting issue 3 (UK based magazine).  An interview I did a while ago which features Sew-Ichigo is inside!
Our new pattern sets: 'Rainbow Rack of Spools' and 'Button It' go on sale next week here and at our craftsy store.  You can find all the Kitchen Classics patterns in the same places including individual patterns at Craftsy.  Penny has had a hard time recently with the forrest fires in Colorado and other difficulties but she is keeping busy, working and we are in constant touch.  She send me the funniest emails sometimes- I have to try not to laugh to hard out loud when I check my phone at work!

8 comments:

  1. Told you it was a great MQM feature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you hadn't flagged it up it might have passed me by and I would have missed a moment of feeling fame in WHSmiths with husband and daughter!

      Delete
  2. Love the Liberty kettle. I have read the MQM feature and it is good! Di x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di. MQ ran a generously long feature!

      Delete
  3. You've outdone yourself with the kettle and teacup. I think someone needs to make real ones using yours as inspiration! Lovely article too, Kerry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. that pic of the strawberries is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought the red/white colander would appeal to you!

      Delete
  5. Lovely job on the tea cozy ~ the fabric is perfect! How exciting to be featured at the Liberty Cafe! And a feature in a quilt magazine! ~ sorry we don't get it here in the States.

    ReplyDelete

We love getting your feedback and comments! We will reply in the comments thread on each post- thankyou :)

Counter

you might like...